Samstag, 2. Mai 2015

culture shock

Personal experience with culture shock

Normally the adaptation in the host country is very exciting and interesting.
For me it was a bit different. Since I didn't really want to go to Finland, I was not so excited. My plan was to spend a semester in Amsterdam, but unfortunately too many other students had the same idea.

With kind of negative expectations I came to Finland with two other students from my hometown University. Well, I did not come with them literally, because they booked the flight without me. When I got here I felt very lonely and homesick, because I haven't known anyone. That the Swissgirl ignored me did not help me at all.

But as soon as I met new people, everything started to be exciting. All the persons I met so far have so interesting backgrounds and stories.

The cultur shock theory says that everyone feels homesick at some point. That didnt happen to me either. I think I felt that way in the begining and just wanted to go home. But ever since, I am very happy to be here and enjoy the time as much as I can.


Of course, when I think about my departure, I get a little depressive because I will miss all the amazing people I've met here. But on the other hand I can't wait to see my family and my friends.

Well, let's see what future brings! =)





W-Curve_Re-Entry_Shock.jpg
http://kultureshock.wikispaces.com/DEFINING+CULTURE+SHOCK

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen