Dienstag, 27. Januar 2015

accomodation application




Where do I want to live for the next half of a year?



I heard that it is hard to find an accommodation, if you are applying to late. On the internet I read that they accepted applications on the first of October. It was already mid-September, that’s why I got a little nervous. But by the end of September I was ready to fill out the accommodation application. Unfortunately it was not as easy as I expected it to be. It was hard to figure out which option is the best. Every possibility seemed to be so expensive. For a short moment I was shocked. How was I going to afford me a room or a flat for half a year? 




Also I had no idea where I wanted to live. Many different areas with various house types. (Aamurusko, Päivänpaiste, Haliskylä,..)Due to I never visited Turku before I had simply no clue which district is the best connected one to the city centre. In the end, I applied for 5 different housing types.


I almost got red till I received an answer from the TYS office. I think it took about 2 months to get an answer to my application. And the irony is, that I had to confirm the offer in two days. So, what I was going to do? I just accepted the offer for the Students Village because I had not had any idea about other places. And to be honest, “Students Village” sounds like a lot of fun, doesn’t it? 




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen