Dienstag, 27. Januar 2015

first decision.. where to go?



Why Turku?


The first meeting about exchanges semesters were hold in March 2014. I already was very excited about this opportunity, because I was sure that I would love to spend a semester abroad.


When I received the information about all the schools and countries which are partner of my university, I got even more excited. We had to choose 3 priority schools and I was not ready to decide. The day when the lottery finally took place, I was so nervous. My first priority was Amsterdam, my second one was Lincoln and the third one was Tallinn. Unfortunately 7 other students wanted to go as well to Amsterdam but there were just two places for us available. As you can guess, I did not make it. Otherwise I would not be here.


After the first round of the lottery all places of my priority list were already gone. Nowhere was a place left. My international coordinator told us, that there might be some changes, so it was still possible to get a place in another school. Due to many other interested students she decided to write us an email, as soon as she signed the contract for another exchange place. The first person who had answered her mail, got the place.

Totally unepected I received two weeks later an email, that in Meppel (Holland) was now a place for exchange students available. So I answered as soon as I saw it, and got the place. I was so happy, because Holland or specially Amsterdam was anyway my first choice.


Then the subject “exchange semester” was kind of done. My coordinator told us to be patient till the end of August.

In August we received the information about our schools. Just after reading this email I wrote one to the coordinator in Meppel. Unfortunately I got the answer that they cancelled the exchange programme for spring semesters in general.

At that moment I felt really bad. I nearly started to cry. So I just went straight to the office of my coordinator. She could not understand why they cancelled the place after so many emails. But she promised me to offer me another place. After a few days of unsureness she wrote me a mail with the following available places. University in Liberec (CZ) or in Turku.


I cannot remember why I choose Turku. But that is why I am here now.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen