Dienstag, 24. März 2015

Lapland- friday- birthday



Friday, 06.03 – my birthday

My plan was to ignore my birthday. I don’t like celebrating my birthday. But due to Francois (a good friend of mine from France) told the DJ the night before in the karaoke bar that I have birthday, everyone knew it.

I woke up with a little headache. But I didn’t regret me being drunk the night before. At noon we went for snowshoe walking. I couldn’t exercise the whole week, so I was very happy to finally move a bit. The atmosphere was amazing, the sun was shining, the sky bright and clear and the trees covered with snow.


It was very exhausting to climb up the hill in deep snow. David (a German guy) and I were walking in front. We talked a lot about nature and sport, so the time passed very fast. We reached the top of the hill without realizing it.

In the afternoon we spent all together some hours in the spa before we head back for dinner. The girls who I met in Lapland surprised me with a birthday cake. I was overwhelmed. On top of all the happenings that day, the Northern lights appeared out of nowhere! We couldn’t help but run outside with our costume (that night a Toga party was planned). It was freezing but the view of this natural spectacle was breath taking.
We took a lot of pictures and enjoyed ourselves.



The Toga party was not important anymore, so we spontaneously changed in our ski pants and claimed up the hill with our sledges. When we reached the top of the hill, the Northern lights appeared once again. All of us (7) were lying in the snow and stared up to the sky. We were silent for at least 5 minutes to enjoy the spectacle.

In those 5 minutes I realised that this was the best birthday so far and it was not over yet (actually it was already after midnight, like 2am), but it still felt like my birthday.
After the sledging we went to the sauna to heat up again before we went totally tired to our bedrooms. I think I fell asleep around 5am with a huge smile on my face.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen