Mittwoch, 25. März 2015

Stockholm and journey back to Turku



Last day, saying Good-bye, travelling back

We started the next day with a sight-seeing bus tour, which was definitely not worth the money. But at least the seats were comfortable and the bus was nicely warm. By noon we went back to the city centre to have some food. We found a nice store which is called “coop”. We have a similar one in Switzerland; maybe that is why we straight went into this store. We bought there some salad from the salad buffet and sat in the central station for a little while.

The afternoon we spent mostly with shopping, because Sweden seemed so cheap in comparison with Finland. Also for my sister it was very nice, because we do not have sections like H&M Home or Zara Home. After a few hours of shopping we were again hungry and decided, shame on us, to have lunch again in Vapiano. Fortunately the waiting time was “just” about 20 minutes.

I saw on Facebook that a friend of mine was also in Stockholm. Spontaneous we met them and Ruben in the central station to have a drink. Fabian, my friend, suggested to go to the ice bar, which is, guess what?! - made out of ice. The entrance was 190 which is 19 Euros. My first thought was, that it is quite expensive to just go in. But the first drink was already included. After paying we got some coats and gloves. It was naturally quite cold in the bar. The glasses in which we got our drinks were also made out of ice. It was a nice and special experience. Despite the convincing words from Fabian, my sister and I decided not to go out, instead having a nice lazy evening in our hotel.



The next morning started very early. The alarm clock rang at 4:55am, because Ruben’s and my ferry was supposed to leave at 7:30. My sister’s flight was set at 11:45am but she decided to come with me to the city centre and wait at the airport. After we bought some grocery for the ferry trip, which takes 12 hours, my sister and I met Ruben again. We all went together to the bus gates. The saying goodbye was not as hard as I expected it to be, because I know that I will see her in April again. But a long hug was still necessary.
Ruben and I took the bus to the harbour and decided on the way, that we should ask for available cabins. As soon as we arrived at the check in desk we asked and booked immediately a cabin for us. The way back to Turku was long, but very relaxing. We talked a lot and had a nice time. But still, 12 hours are a long time!



All in all, Stockholm is a very nice city with its different houses and districts. The city seems to have a square for everyone. The only negative aspect is, that there are a lot of homeless people on the streets. Nearly everywhere we had been asking about giving them some money. That was quite exhausting, but as I already said, that is definitely the only negative aspect.

So if someone wants to go to Stockholm from Turku, book for sure a cabin for each way, travel if possible during the night, visit the ice bar, the old town and have one dinner or lunch in Vapiano. =)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen