Montag, 9. Februar 2015

orientation day and bartour



Orientation day

On January fifth we were supposed to have an orientation day. I was very excited because I couldn’t wait to start with my studies. Not that I was looking forward to it, but I was just too bored to hang around all the time.

I met the two girls from Switzerland in the morning to pay for the starting package (contains some dishes, a pillow, a blanket and curtains). After getting rid of our money we decided to head to the ICT building for the orientation meeting.
As soon as the “lesson” started we were divided into smaller groups, which meant a group of four. We had to present ourselves. It was very nice, I met a Swiss girl from the French part, Melissa and a Canadian whose name is Tylor. We’re still in touch and meet sometimes!

After the little group exercises we got view information about Turku and Finland itself. Unfortunately we didn’t get any infos about our school timetable and so on.
Later on we met at Kauppatori (city centre) for a bar tour. We were 5 people and Tylor, the Canadian guy was again in my group. In the first bar they all went for something with alcohol while I started with a cappuccino. Unfortunately the milk was adulterated, but I was too shy to tell anyone. So I forced myself to drink it. In the next bar I ordered a beer and the guys convinced me to try a mintu (alcohol shot). After these two drinks I felt a nice warm feeling in my stomach. Due to it was already so late and I desperately wanted to catch the last bus I said goodbye and went home.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen